Flexible output versions and the option of using V-Drive Advanced and V-Drive Value with an integral planetary input stage enable more applications. You can find all important information on the V-drive servo worm gearheads – from sizes to designs – in our brochure.
V-Drive servo worm gearheads: Maximum power density
With its three product variants, the new servo worm gearhead series from WITTENSTEIN alpha leaves nothing to be desired as far as performance, smooth running and flexibility are concerned. A suitable solution exists for any specified torsional backlash greater than 2 arcmin. Attributes such as maximum economy in all axes, maximum torque density and constant, low torsional backlash throughout the service life are common to all of the gearheads.
V-Drive Basic, V-Drive Value and V-Drive Advanced: these servo worm gearheads give you best-in-class precision – tailored precision up to ≤ 2 arcminutes for a variety of applications. You profit from rapid availability as well as optimal reliability and maximum economy throughout a lifespan of more than 20,000 hours. Ideal contact conditions and high quality lubricants guarantee more than 95 percent efficiency for these German-built gearheads at full load.
The V-Drive in detail
- Ultra-lightweight design
- Good thermal conductivity
- 5 sizes
- Flexible mounting options
Involute toothing (V-Drive Basic)
- Perfected for S1 operation and high torques
- Smooth running
- High power density
Hollow-flank toothing (V-Drive Value / V-Drive Advanced)
- High torsional backlash throughout its lifespan
- High efficiency
- Very high power density
Metal bellows coupling
- Completely backlash-free
- Fatigue endurable and maintenance-free
- Easy to mount
- Integrated length compensation feature protects the motor
3 output types
- Hollow shaft
- Solid shaft
- Flanged hollow shaft
- Bearing package for absorbing axial and radial forces
- Very well suited for high input speeds
Output bearing (V-Drive Basic)
- High overload capacity for radial forces, optionally also for axial forces.
Output bearing (V-Drive Value / V-Drive Advanced)
- High overload capacity for absorbing axial and radial forces.
Radial shaft seal
- Very long service life
- Optimized for continuous operation
Plug can be replaced with a vent screw in continuous operation
- Ensures pressure compensation
- Protection against leakage
High-performance worm gearheads: the V-Drive series
WITTENSTEIN alpha develops complete, single-supplier solutions for driving any axis. They can be used in virtually any application. The newly developed V-Drive Basic complements the V-Drive Advanced and the V-Drive Value, rounding off our extensive and flexible portfolio for all performance ranges:
SIZING ASSISTANT – The optimum gearhead within seconds
Are you looking for a quick and easy route to the optimum drive solution?